Saturday, October 31, 2015

Nanowrimo Commences Yet Again

Right, I thought I'd give myself the month off and skip Nanowrimo even though this would be my...  tenth year so... I'm in.  Let my groaning commence and not in a good way. 

Who else is in?  Does it really matter if we can actually write a story anyway? 
Isn't this all just for fun? 

Ugh. 

As usual I want to write something I can buckle down and edit later (i.e. after November) and actually have a story I can show other people.  Wouldn't that be nice for a change?  Yes, yes, it would be. 

For the last few weeks I've been 'brainstorming' or maybe just having headaches over what I'm going to attempt to write.  Today I panicked and tried to write out a few character sketches (why can't I just describe people around me?  Ugh) and then even tried to write out a simple outline.  Sometimes I make myself laugh but really I'd like to be proud of my writing just for once. 

Of course if I could do a good job once then I'd be doing it again and again. 

Join me in the madness and let those fingers fly on the keys.  Good luck. 

PS Take a look at www.readwritethink.org and see some of the materials they have for kids to create stories and seeing as I'm a big kid... wth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment